RECRUITING RECEIVABLE ACCOUNTANT
“Christ’s Love in word and deed”
Partners in Hope (PIH) is a ‘Christ-Centered’ Malawian NGO located on the Blantyre Road (M-1) opposite St John’s Schools. PIH provides the following services:
- a Medical Centre for both private patients, low cost HIV and AIDS clinic, a 15 bed hospital ward, HIV testing and counseling center, community outreach program, and a workplace program for public and private sector organizations and businesses.
- Training Centre for Medical students, lab personnel, nursing (from local universities), but also from University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Capacity building through grants from USAID and Hilton foundation
Partners in Hope is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic and self-driven person to fill the vacant position of Receivable Accountant based at the Medical Centre.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is responsible for managing the invoicing system, cash receipts, receivables, price Listing and inventory, liaising with responsible officers and supervising Cashiers.
- Prepares and issues customer invoices by first day of the following month using QBs.
- Makes follow up for outstanding or overdue Invoices into QuickBooks
- Prepares and delivers debtor statements to clients
- Ensures Cash receipts or Cheque are deposited without delay
- Track the direct deposits into the bank account and update the customer’s statements accordingly on dairy basis
- Updating debtor’s records
- Customer Cash and receivable analysis
- Tracking down and reminding debtors of their overdue bills and negotiate payment. This may mean negotiating a payment plan, or in extreme situations, legal action.
- Arrange bills for in-patients in liaison with the cashier.
- Assists Cashiers in analysing and evaluating processes and procedures, make recommendations of improvements in liaison with the s.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by assisting in resolving customer’s complaints, questions and provision of information on procedures or policies
- Managing medical Schemes
- Surprise cash counts on weekly and monthly to verify accuracy;
- Managing the Price List and updating with consultation with Accountant and SFM.
- Update the Cash collection and deposits reports on dairy and weekly and monthly basis to Accountant and SFM
- Review on cashier’s reports (sales summaries) and produces reports on cash versus sales on daily basis
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a busy accounting department as Receivable/Debtor Accountant.
- Diploma in accounting or those with Bachelor’s degree will have an added advantage
- Member of ICAM
- Must have experience with QuickBooks
- Robust knowledge and understanding with Debtors and at a hospital setting
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, decision making, technical and numerical skills.
- Impeccable personal integrity and strong work ethics.
Please drop an updated Curriculum Vitae and cover memo in an enveloped clearly marked the applicable position addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Manager
Partners in Hope
P.O. Box 302
Closing date for receiving applications is 21st February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted.