“Christ’s Love in word and deed”
Partners in Hope (PIH) Medical Centre is a ‘Christ-Centered’ Malawian NGO located on the Blantyre Road (M-1) opposite St John’s Schools. PIH provides the following services,
- a Medical Centre for both private patients, low cost HIV and AIDS clinic, a 15 bed hospital ward, HIV testing and counseling center, community outreach program, and a workplace program for public and private sector organizations and businesses.
- Training Centre for Medical students, lab personnel, nursing (from local universities), but also from University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Capacity building through grants from USAID and Hilton foundation
PIH seeks to fill the following positions;
- Provide clinical management for patients in Moyo and Dalitso patients in line with National and PIH guidelines
- Provide antiretroviral medications in line with National and PIH guidelines
- Keep accurate and complete records of patient care encounter (paper and electronic)
- Assist with linking patients with services in other departments (nursing, counseling, nutrition, pharmacy, medical records, etc.)
- Participate in Quality Improvement/Chart Review activities
- Participate and occasionally lead in PIH training/CME activities
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literate
- Having served in public and private settings
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 campaign
- We encourage females and males to apply.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Current Registration with the Medical Council of Malawi
- Specialized Training in ART
- Prefer 3-4 years prior experience in similar setting
- Applicants with experience teaching and/or supervising will be strongly considered.
- Assess and monitor patients’ condition undergoing care, maintaining their records
- Administer oral, IV, IM and subcutaneous medications
- Administer blood transfusion
- Attend group and individual counseling sessions such as ART, nutrition and psychosocial
- Assist patients with all activities of daily living including health education
- Order supplies from various departments e.g. pharmacy
- Supervise Patient Attendants and Cleaners within the department
- Attend in-service trainings
Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized institution.
- Current nurses license registered with Nurses Council of Malawi
- Trained ART Provider
- Demonstrate excellent practical nursing skills.
- Good communication and observation skills
- A team player.
Please mail CV and cover memo to the following address prior 5 October, 2018 : Human Resources Manager, Partners in Hope, P O Box 302, Lilongwe or email; email@example.com . Envelopes must clearly be marked with the applicable position and those sent via email must have the position title in the subject line.